Thursday, May 13, 2010

EsSaY

My name is Hannah McDaniel and I chose to make my topic about fast food. I chose this topic because I’ve always wondered about the effects fast food has on your body. Most people enjoy fast food because of its quick convenience, while others enjoy it for their taste buds. Fast food can be very harmful to your body if you eat too much of it. Stopping by a drive thru every now and then isn’t so bad, but eating it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner can lead to serious problems. Throughout my whole blog I’ve researched the effects of fast food and most all of them are negative. There’s really no nutritional value in eating fast food.

I interviewed Marilyn Eddins, a health teacher at Hewitt Trussville High School. She agreed that fast food can lead to many health problems, but the highest of them all is obesity. Her opinion was people should learn to have self control, know what their eating, and be smart when making food choices. She said that it also made her sad to remember the times when families sat every night to enjoy dinner together. Now a day’s families are taking the quick and easy route by feeding their children fast food. This gives them less time to communicate, and also less nutrition for their bodies.

To make matters more interesting I would go back and do an experiment. I would eat fast food for a week; write down how I felt, my weight, and if my concentration was good or bad. Then I would do the complete opposite, but with healthy food. I would wait until the end to see my results, and to see if what everyone is saying about fast food is true. My favorite part about this topic is that I now have an inside look on what fast food is really like. I feel very well educated in the nutritional department, and I also will have a different outlook on choosing the foods I eat. In my opinion, knowing this information now can help me from suffering from diseases as I get older. I will also be more aware of the food I’m eating. Ill actually think about what I’m eating rather than just eat what’s in front of me. I never said fast food wasn’t delicious, I just that it’s not the best for you. I’m glad that I know all of the secrets about fast food. I wish there was a way people could change fast food menus to more nutritious food that benefits everyone, but until then I’ll just make smart choices and remember what I’ve learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment